Hyde. Favorite Greek myths

Today's free book is Favorite Greek myths by Lilian Stoughton Hyde (1904). For the table of contents, check at the bottom of this post below the image.

The book is available at Hathi Trust (I have not checked for other online sources).




Table of Contents

Prometheus
How Troubles came into the World
The Great Deluge
Apollo and Daphne
How Apollo got his Lyre
Mercury and Argus
Ceres and Proserpine
     I. The Mourning of the Earth-mother
     II. The Return of Proserpine
Phaethon
Clytie
The Seven Sisters
Endymion's Sleep
Why Cadmus founded a City
     I. The Loss of Europa
     II. Cadmus and the Dragon
Echo
Narcissus
Hyacinthus
Perseus
     I. Perseus and the Medusa
     II. Perseus and Andromeda
     III. The Home-coming of Perseus
Arachne
Jason and the Golden Fleece
     I. The Man with One Sandal
     II. The Voyage of the Argonauts
     III. The Winning of the Golden Fleece
Hylas
Procne and Philomela
Bellerophon
Tithonus
Comatas and the honey-bees
Adonis
King Midas
     I. King Midas and the Golden Touch
     II. Why King Midas had Asses' Ears
The King and the Oak
Juno and Halcyone
Hercules
     I. Hercules in his Cradle
     II. The Youth of Hercules
     III. The First Labor
     IV. The Second Labor
     V. The Third Labor
     VI. The Fourth Labor
     VII. The Fifth Labor
     VIII. The Sixth Labor
     IX. The Seventh Labor
     X. The Eighth Labor
     XI. The Ninth Labor
     XII. The Tenth Labor
     XIII. The Eleventh Labor
     XIV. The Twelfth Labor
     XV. The Ascent to Mount Olympus
Theseus
     I. How Theseus came to Athens
     II. The Slaying of the Minotaur
Philemon and Baucis
Orpheus and Eurydice
Ganymede
The Bag of Winds
Circe
     I. The Purple Woodpecker
     II. Ulysses at Circe's Palace
Arion and the Dolphin
Psyche
     I. The Palace of Eros
     II. The Trial of Psyche