Work. Folk Songs of the American Negro

Today's free book is Folk Songs of the American Negro edited by Frederick J. Work (1907). For the table of contents, check at the bottom of this post below the image.

The book is available at Hathi Trust (I have not checked for other online sources).


Table of Contents

Marching Up the Heavenly Road
Mary, Don't You Weep, Don't You Mourn
Daniel Saw the Stone
Free at Last
I've Done What You Told Me to Do
Death's Going to Lay His Hand on Me
Give Me Your Hand
Most Done Toiling Here
Steal Away and Pray
Got a Home in That Rock
Come Here, Lord!
Poor Me
Soon-a Will Be Done
Going to Shout All Over God's Heaven
Ain't That Good News
Going Home in the Chariot
Come Down
My Soul's Been Anchored
Listen to the Lambs
I'm So Glad
Don't Call the Roll
Rock, Mt. Sinai
Lead Me to the Rock
Poor Mourner's Got a Home
Calvary
New-Born Again
No Hiding Place
Little Talk with Jesus
Balm in Gilead
When the General Roll is Called
Sing A-ho
Is There Anybody Here?
I Feel Like My Time Ain't Long
Steal Away to Jesus
Poor Sinner
I Couldn't Hear Nobody Pray
Jesus is Risen from the Dead
Lord, I Want to Be a Christian
Show Me the Way
Were You There?
O Rocks, Don't Fall on Me
O Mother, Don't You Weep
By and By
I Know the Lord's Laid His Hands on Me
Swing Low
Holy Bible
Live A-Humble
Roll On
I Went Down in the Valley
Christians, Hold Up Your Heads
I'm Going to Lay Down My Life for My Lord
Let Me Cheer the Weary Traveller
I Heard the Preaching of the Elder
Sinner Please Don't Let This Harvest Pass
Hallelujah!
Plenty Good Room
My Good Lord's Done Been Here
Ain't I Glad I've Got Out the Wilderness!
A Little Talk with Jesus
Can't You Live Humble?